Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore is one of the top-ranked medical institutes in India. It is an institute of education and research and also a hospital located at Vellore, Tamil Nadu, and India. CMC Vellore is a national level medical entrance examination conducted by Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore. It is a medical college and hospital which offers an excellent education in the field of medicine. It is a university level entrance examination which offers courses in diploma, UG, PG, and doctoral levels. Check complete details about CMC Vellore 2020 including the application form, exam pattern, admission procedure, exam dates, etc.
CMC Vellore Highlights
|Exam Name||CMC Vellore|
|Full-Form||Christian Medical College|
|Exam Types||UG, PG & Diploma Level|
|Courses Offered||Nursing, Health Sciences, Diploma Nursing & AHS Diploma|
|Conducting Body||Own University, CMC Vellore|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (PCB) & 70 Minutes|
||91 (416) 2284255|
Here is the Exam schedule for the CMC Vellore 2020. We will update all the official date whenever the officials will release it:
UG Exam Dates
|Application Form Starts||3rd week of February 2020|
|Online Application Form Closing Date||4th week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit other documents||the 1st week of April 2020|
|Admit Card release||two weeks before the exam|
|Date for Test||Last week of May 2020|
|Date of Counselling/Interview||Middle of June 2020|
PG Exam Dates
|Online application release||23rd November 2019|
|Last date for online application||23rd January 2020|
|Last date for receipt of supporting documents||27th January 2020|
|Last date for receipt of relevant sponsorship forms from the sponsoring bodies||27th January 2020|
|Last date for receipt of payment proof (only for payment through DD/challan)||1st week of February 2020|
|Online submission of PG NEET 2020 Score||After the date of
NEET PG 2020
results. Last date to
|The release of the list of candidates invited for Step 2||4th week of February 2020|
|Registration (Step 2) and Medical Checkup at Vellore||2nd week of March 2020|
|Step 2: Assessment of Skills & Knowledge at Vellore||3rd week of March 2020|
|Release of final selection list||3rd week of March 2020|
|Acceptance before 12.00 noon||3rd week of March 2020|
|Registration for admission to Degree Programmes||4th week of March 2020|
|Registration for admission to Diploma Courses||4th week of March 2020|
CMC Vellore 2020 Application Form
Students are informed to read all details carefully before proceeding to the filling of the online Application Form.
- The CMC Vellore 2020 Application Form will be filled through online
- The MBBS Registration form will be opened in the third week of February 2020 and will close in the third week of March 2020.
- A candidate may apply for a maximum of 7 courses in group A while a maximum of 5 courses in group B with two entrance tests.
- CMC Vellore 2020 Application Form has been Released for PG Courses from 23rd November 2019.
- Candidates can fill the Application Form through online mode.
- CMC Vellore 2020 Application form will be available between the dates mentioned in the dates above.
- Students can also correct the mistakes made by them in a given period.
- Students are suggested to submit the Application Form completed in all respects.
- The application fee can make through online mode by the credit card/debit card & net banking.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee of Rs. 800/- with the additional cost of Rs. 500/- per course for Group A & PG courses or Rs. 100/- per course for Group B.
- The fee payment can be made through debit/credit card or demand draft/e-challan.
- Demand draft should be made in favor of “C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c” payable at Vellore from any nationalized bank.
|Category||Application Fees (in Rs)|
|Basic Administrative Fee||Rs. 800/-|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 500/-|
How to Apply for CMC Vellore 2020
In this section, candidates can go through the complete procedure about CMC Vellore 2020 Application form:
- Visit the official website (link will be mentioned above).
- Fill basic details i.e. name, email id, mobile number and etc.
- Click on the ‘Register’ link and register yourself.
- A message regarding login details will be sent to your email id and registered mobile number.
- Now login using user id and password.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Fill details like education, personal, address and etc. details in the application form.
- Upload you scanned passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Images size must be in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Choose your payment mode and enter your payments details.
- Now pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
- After completing all the process click on ‘submit’ button.
- Take a printout of the filled application form.
- Keep it secure for other admission related procedures.
CMC Vellore 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The applicant has to be 17 years old on or before December 31, 2020.
- Education: Should have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the last two years comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The applicants should have passed individually in all of these subjects.
- Marks Required: The applicants should have secured 60% marks as an aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination.
- NEET 2020: General category applicants should have secured 50% marks in NEET 2020, whereas reserved category applicants should have secure 40% marks in NEET 2020.
The candidate should belong to Indian nationality and have a domicile of Tamil Nadu state.
- The lower age of the candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- The upper age of the candidate cannot be more than 25 years as on 7th May 2020.
For UG Courses:
- Qualification: A candidate must be an intermediate pass from a recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Must have a minimum of five subjects in intermediate with biology, physics, chemistry, and English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks: The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (BC/MBC/SC/ST-40%, SC-PH/ST-PH/BC-PH/GEN-PH-45%) individually in aggregate.
For PG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidates must have 10+2 or bachelor’s degree in the respective field in which they want to get admission.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed in their bachelor’s degree program.
CMC Vellore 2020 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in CBT mode(Computer Based Test).
- The question paper will be asked in the English
- The question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- For degree courses, the exam has been divided into two parts.
- Section I will have 60 questions to be answered in 50 minutes, and Section II (Speed and Accuracy) will have 60 questions to be answered in 20 minutes.
- The total exam duration will be 1 hour + 10 minutes.
- For diploma courses, the question paper will contain 25 questions from PCB subjects and 15 issues from the general ability.
Candidates can know all the details about the paper pattern of CMC Vellore 2020 from the table below:
|General ability||120||70 minutes|
For Diploma Courses:
- Mode: The exam will be organized in online
- Types of Question: The multiple-choice question will be asked in the exam.
- Duration: The duration of the test would be of 90 minutes.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English
- Number of Questions: 90 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking
How to Prepare For CMC Vellore 2020
- Make an effective time management strategy.
- Don’t try other topics that are out of the syllabus.
- Complete all the previous year’s question papers.
- Gather all study material that is relevant to your syllabus.
- Students have to practice mock tests to increase your accuracy and speed.
- CMC Vellore is the examination that needs a lot of practice and needs to improve day-by-day.
- CMC Vellore has a vast syllabus, and therefore students are suggested to study every day a fixed amount of time.
CMC Vellore Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of CMC Vellore 2020 carries all topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, from where the question paper of CMC Vellore 2020 is set. Check the detailed syllabus of CMC Vellore:
|Alcohol Phenol Ether
Alkanes, Alkenes, and Alkynes
Amines and Diazonium Salts (Compounds containing Nitrogen)
Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives
|General Organic Chemistry
Periodic Classification Of Elements
Principles and Processes of Extraction (Metallurgy)
Purification Characterization Organic Compounds
Transition elements(d and f block elements)
Centre of Mass, Impulse, and Momentum
Heat and Thermodynamics
Heating and Chemical Effects of Current
Kinetic Theory of Gases
Laws of Motion
Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism
|Modern Physics: (Atomic Models)
Motion in One Dimension
Motions In 2D
Physics of Nucleus
Principles of Communication
Simple Harmonic Motion
Solids and Semiconductor Devices
Units Dimensions Errors
Work Energy Power
|Anatomy of Flowering Plants
Animal Reproduction and Development
Animalia – Porifera to Echinodermata
Application of Biotechnology
Biotechnology Principles and Processes
Circulation of Body Fluids
Food production-Animal Husbandry
|Food production-Plant Breeding
Genetics-Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Growth, Repair, and Regeneration
Human Health Diseases
Microbes in Human Welfare
Movement and Locomotion
Origin of Life
Plant Water Relations
Reproduction in Higher Plants
General Ability Syllabus
Awards and Recognitions
Calendar, Time and Clock
Number and Ranking
CMC Vellore 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the CMC Vellore 2020 Admit Card through the official website of CMC.
- The Admit Card will be available on the website 15 days before the examination.
- The Admit Card will contain exam related information such as exam venue, exam date, and timing, candidates name & roll number, and other exam related instructions.
For downloading admit card, candidates have to fill the details required for downloading admit cards. In admit card, the information regarding the examination center, roll no. And the examination time will be mentioned.
CMC Vellore Result 2020
CMC Vellore 2020 exam result will be declared by the CMC. Result for the group A exam will be declared in the last week of July 2020, while the result of the group B exam will be declared in the first week of August 2020. Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the evaluation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation, and ranking.
Qualifying Marks For Cmc Vellore 2020
The qualifying percentage of marks for the CMC Vellore 2020 is 25% of the maximum marks considered for the ranking. However, for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, no minimum qualifying mark is prescribed. But their admission will be limited to the extent of seats reserved for such categories.
CMC Vellore Counselling 2020
CMC Vellore 2020 Admission Process will be started after the declaration of result. For MBBS aspirants, it will start after the declaration of the NEET 2020 result. CMC Vellore admission process for group A courses will be started from the first week of August 2020, and for Group B courses, it will start from the fourth week of August 2020. CMC Vellore Counselling is held for qualifying candidates of CMC Vellore, which includes document verification, applying, choice filling, and seat allocation in web-based mode. The counseling procedure is done for the qualified candidates of CMC Vellore, by their Merit in CMC Vellore.
It is informed to the students that they should keep safe the Filled in Online Application Form until the process of admission gets over. The admit card and the scorecard must produce by the student when they called for verification of documents. The Information Booklet for CMC Vellore 2020 Counseling will be released on the counseling portal. The list of colleges for allotment of seats in each course with intake in each discipline and category will also notify by the exam authority.