JEE MAIN 2020| JEE MAIN |ADMIT CARD| JEE MAIN SYLLABUS| IMPORTANT TOPICS
JEE Main 2020 –JEE Main 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main admit card on December 6 in online mode. JEE Main 2020 will be held by NTA from January 6 to 9. NTA has also released the sample papers for numerical value questions of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section of JEE Main 2020. The application form for January session of JEE Main 2020 was available from September 3 to October 10, 2019 while for J&K students the application form was reopened from November 4 to 8, 2019. JEE Main will be conducted across 233 centres in the country and abroad. The result of JEE Main 2020 for the first session will be declared on January 31. The All India ranks will be released only after the JEE Main result for April is announced. Check the JEE Main 2020 eligibility, application process, exam pattern, counselling in the article below.
What is JEE Main?
Joint Entrance Exam Main also known as JEE Main is the entrance test for admissions to the undergraduate engineering, architecture and planning programmes offered by 31 National Institutes of Technology, 25 Indian Institutes of Information Technology and 28 Government Funded Technical Institutes. JEE Main 2020 is also the screening test for 2.5 lakh students who have qualified to appear for the JEE Advanced for admissions to t`he 12463 seats in 23 Indian Institutes of Technology.
The January session of JEE Main 2020 has received 9.34 lakh registrations for Paper 1 and 1.38 lakh for Paper 2. JEE Main registrations for April session will be available from February 7 to March 7, 2020. The April test will be held from April 3 to 9, 2020. The common rank list of JEE Main will be released on April 30 for both the sessions. From 2021, JEE Main is expected to be conducted in 11 languages – Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
NTA will organize the examination from 6th to 11th January 2020 for January session. National Testing Agency (NTA) organizes it twice in a year – January & April sessions.
April session – Application process is going to start from 7th February 2020. NTA will organize the examination from 3rd to 9th April 2020.
JEE Main 2020 New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check the new changes below introduced in JEE Mains 2020 test:
- From the year 2020, the exam will be conducted separately for BE/B.Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses. Candidates can appear for all the courses or separately.
- Application Fee has been increased as compared to last year. It can be paid through online mode.
- Changes in Exam pattern: New changes have been introduced in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. The number of questions in the exam paper has been decreased to 25 questions (per subject) on comparison to last year (30 questions). Also, besides the MCQs in the paper there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- From this year, the paper pattern of B.Plan has been separately introduced in JEE Main.
- From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates appearing among the top 2,45,000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centers in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
Steps to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Since the application process for the January session of JEE Main 2020 has ended, the candidates can follow the given steps to fill the application form for reference purpose. Before filling the application form, the candidates should have made sure they met the eligibility criteria as specified by the authorities.
Step 1 – Registration: In the first step, the candidates will have to register for JEE Main 2020 by submitting their personal, contact details and input a password of their choice.
Step 2 – Filling of JEE Main Application Form: In the next step, the candidates will have to select their paper for the examination. Personal and contact details will be auto generated from registration. Education details have to be entered in this stage followed by parents income details.
Step 3 – Uploading of Documents – Scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications have to be uploaded.
Photograph – The candidate should keep a scanned photograph with their name and date (on which the photograph was taken) mentioned below. File size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB and the dimensions 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and image should be in JPEG/JPG format. uploading can be through a desktop, through webcam or through a mobile.
Signature – The size of the signature of the candidate should be between 4 KB to 30 KB. The dimensions should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm and in JPEG/JPG format.
Step 4 – Payment of Fee – The required application fee of JEE Main 2020 has to be paid by the candidates. Payment is online only through SBI MOPS, ICICI, HDFC, Syndicate Bank payment gateways as well as Paytm services..
Step 5 – Print Out of Acknowledgement Page – The candidates will have to print out four copies of their acknowledgement page for future use.
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session and April session:
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019 (Released)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 11th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||31st January 2020|
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In the month of February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||7th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||16th March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||3rd – 9th April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||30th April 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the JEE Main Eligibility criterion, before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed 10+2 level exam or its equivalent in 2018 or 2019 from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in class 12th exam can also apply.
- Diploma Holders: Candidates who are holding diploma can also apply for admissions only in IITs.
- Qualifying Subjects: For B.E/B.tech, candidate in their 12th level must have passed with at least of five subjects with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- For B.Arch: Students must have passed 12th level with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- For B.Plan: For B.Planning, students must have passed their 12th level with Mathematics subject.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2020.
- Total Attempts: There will be no attempt limit.
Syllabus for JEE(Main)
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- complex numbers & Quadratic equations
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutations & Combinations
- Mathmatical induction
- Binomial Theorem & its simple application
- Sequence & series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Differential Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three dimentional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Physics & Measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids & Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillation and waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Experimental skills
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Solid State of Matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of elements & Periodicity in properties
- General Principles & process of isolation of metals
- s-Block Element
- Some p-Block Elements
- d & f-Block Elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Purification & Characterisation of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles related to practical Chemistry
LIST OF NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY[NIT] COLLEGES
NAME OF THE COLLEGE
MALVIYA NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT),
MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MAOTILAL NEHRU NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), AGARTALA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), DURGAPUR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY (NIT), JAMSHEDPUR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), HAMIRPUR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), KANNADA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), KOZHIKODE
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT),
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), PATNA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), RAIPUR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), ROURKELA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SILCHAR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SRINAGAR
JAMMU AND KASHMIR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), TRICHY
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), MEGHALAYA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), NAGALAND
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SIKKIM
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), ARUNACHAL
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), GOA
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), MANIPUR
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), UTTARKHAND
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), JALANDHAR
SARDAR VALLABHAI NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
VISVESVARYA NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
List of Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India 2019:
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras:
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Guwahati
- Anna University, Chennai
- IIT Hyderabad
- ICT Mumbai
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Indore
- NIT Rourkela
- VIT Vellore
- BITS Pilani
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU Varanasi
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala
- NIT Surathkal
- IIT Patna
- IIST Thiruvananthapuram
- IIT Ropar
- NIT Warangal
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Gandhinagar
- PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
- IIEST Shibpur
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- VNIT Nagpur
- SASTRA Thanjavur
- Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar
- Aligarh Muslim Universit, Aligarh
- SSN College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- NIT, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- College of Engineering, Pune
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- NIT Durgapur
- MNNIT Allahabad
- Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Vaddeswaram
- NIT Calicut
- KIIT Bhubaneswar
- MNIT Jaipur
- Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry
- IIT Jodhpur
- MANIT Bhopal
- IIIT Bangalore
- NIT Silchar
- R. V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- SVNIT Surat
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune
- NIT Hamirpur
- AU College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi
- B. M. S. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai
- NIT Raipur
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Dr B R Ambedkar NIT Jalandhar
- College of Engineering, Trivandrum
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam
- Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R & D Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- B. S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology,Chennai
- University College of Engineering, Hyderabad
- 81 New Horizon College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering,Pune
- Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan
- Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Engineering College, Bhimavaram
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- PES University, Bengaluru
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- C. V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- IIIT Allahabad
- IIITDM Jabalpur
- NIT Agartala
- Government College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra
- VJTI Mumbai
- Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education,Srivilliputtur
- University College of Engingeering, Kakinada
- NIT Meghalaya, Shillong
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra
- NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
Top 10 Private Engineering Colleges 2019 | Top 10 Private Medical Colleges 2019 | Direct admission Medical/ MBBS /Engineering
TOP 10 Private Engineering Colleges Chennai :
- VIT UNIVERSITY VELLORE & CHENNAI
- SRM UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- SSN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- HINDUSTAN UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- SVCE – SRI VENKATESWARA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- VELTECH UNIVERSITY
- PANIMALAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE, CHENNA
- SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- ST JOSEPH ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- DR MGR UNIVERSITY CHENNAI.
Overall South India Best Engineering colleges :
- VIT University
- Sastra University
- Anna University
- SRM University(SRM IST)
- Vel.Tech University
- Hindustan University (Hindustan Institute of technology)
- Bharath University
- Meenakshi Institute Of technology
- Saveetha University( Saveetha Institute of technology )
- SSN College Of Engineering
TOP Private Engineering College Across India:
- Bits Pilani
- VIT vellore
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and technology
- BITS Ranchi
- PSG college of Technology Coimbatore
- Sastra University
- Amity University
- SSN College of Engineering , Kancheepuram
- Sathyabham Institute of technology ,Chennai
- IIT Hydrabad
- Manipal Institute Of technology
- SRM institute of technology
- KIIT bhubhneswar
- R.V College of Enginering ,Bengaluru
- M.S Ramaiya Institute of Technology,Bengaluru
- MBS College of Engineering
- Jaypee institute of Information technology,Noida
- Vel,Tech University Chennai
- Siddaganga Institute of technology,tumkur
- PES University Bengaluru
- Army Institute of technology Pune
- C.V Raman College Of Engineering, Bhubhneswar
- NEW Horizon College of Engineering Bengaluru
- BMS institute of technology & management Bengaluru
- CVR College of Engineering
- Dayanand Sagar College Of engineering,Bengaluru
- Galgotias College of Engineering, Noida
- Heritage Institute Of technology Kolkatta
- Hindustan Institute of Technology Chennai
- Institute of engineering and Mangement kolkata
- Nirma University Ahamdabad
- MIT College Of Engineering Pune
- Maharastra institute of Technology ,Pune
These are realy Best Private Engineering College of India where Placement are very high , approx all college gave 90% placement in last year , these all having fee range of 90k to 2.5 Lakhs per annum.