The NTA will be announcing new JEE Main 2021 exam date by this week. As per reports, NTA has written to all state boards where class 12 board exams have not been cancelled, to provide the schedule of board exams by the end of previous week. NTA will announce new JEE Main exam date 2021 next week after recieving schedule from states. Considering the COVID situation JEE Main 2021 April and May exams could be conducted in July-August.
NTA had postponed the April and May session of JEE Main 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The government will also be holding a review meeting for assessing the situation and conducting the JEE Main 2021 exam.The new exam dates of JEE Main 2021 will be decided considering the safety of students and feasibility of holding the exams. Candidates are advised to regularly check the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in for JEE Main 2021 dates
What is JEE Main?
Joint Entrance Examination – Main or commonly known as JEE Main is a national level entrance exam conducted by the NTA to offer admission to BE/BTech, BPlan and BArch courses at the IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) across the country.
JEE Main 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Accepting Colleges||1653 colleges|
From this year, the paper pattern of B.Plan has been separately introduced in JEE Main.
For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
Candidates appearing among the top 2,45,000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Date
NTA will soon announce the new JEE Main 2021 exam dates for April and May exam. JEE Main 2021 February and March exams are over. JEE Main 2021 exam dates along with registration dates, admit card download date, answer key release dates, result announcement dates, and counselling dates can be checked here for all four sessions.
JEE Main 2021 Date – Complete Schedule
|Events||May Exam Dates||April Exam Dates||March Exam Dates||February Exam Dates|
|Release of JEE Main 2021 application form||May 3, 2021 (Delayed)||March 25, 2021||March 2, 2021||December 16, 2021|
|Last date to apply for JEE Main 2021||May 12, 2021 (Delayed)||April 4, 2021||March 6, 2021||January 23, 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||May 12, 2021 (Delayed)||April 7, 2021||March 6, 2021||January 24, 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 application form correction||To be announced||March 25 to April 7, 2021||March 2 to 9, 2021||January 27 to 30, 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 admit card release date||To be announced||To be announced||March 11, 2021||11-Feb-2021|
|JEE Main 2021 exam dates||24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 May [Postponed]||27, 28, 29 and 30 April [Postponed]||16, 17 and 18 March||23, 24, 25 and 26 February|
|Release of answer key||–||–||March 21, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Challenge of answer key||–||–||March 21 to 23, 2021||March 1 to 3, 2021|
|JEE Main result date||–||–||March 24, 2021||March 8, 2021|
EE Main 2021 Important Information
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main) or JEE Main|
|Mode of Exam||Computed Based Test for BE/BTech/BArchBPlanningPen and paper-based for Drawing section in BArch|
|Duration||3 hours for B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Plan3.5 hours for BArch and BPlanning both|
|Exam Frequency||Four times a year (February, March, April and May sessions)|
|Total Registrations||Around 21 lakh Around 8,58,273 in JEE Main 2020|
|Papers||Paper-1: BE/BTechPaper-2A: BArchPaper-2B: BPlanning|
|Total Marks||BE/BTech: 300BArch and BPlanning: 400|
|Total Questions Asked (Increased in 2021)||BE/BTech: 90BArch: 82BPlanning: 105|
|Marking Scheme||4 for each correct response-1 for each incorrect responseNo marks for unattempted questionsNo negative marking for Non-MCQ questions|
|Medium of paper||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu|
|Helpline||0120 – 6895200|
Steps to fill JEE Main 2021 Application
Step 1- Registration: Candidates have to register by filling basic details like name, mobile number, email ID etc.
Step 2- Filling Application Form: In this step, candidates have to fill detailed application form by providing details of parents, education, paper for which appearing, exam centre, category etc.
Step 3- Uploading Documents: Candidates have to upload scanned images of passport size colour photograph and signature. Candidates of reserved category also need to upload caegory certificates.
Step 4- Payment of Application Fee: After documents upload, candidates have to pay application fees online. The application form will be automatically submitted after fee payment.
Step 5- Take Printout of Application Form: Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe.
The PAPER-1 (Physics, Chemistry and
Mathematics) will be organized in CBT “Computer Based Test” mode only whereas
in the PAPER-2 Mathematics (Part-I) and Aptitude Test (Part-II) will be in CBT
mode only and Drawing test (Part-III) will be in offline mode to be attempted
on the Drawing sheet.
If the candidate appear twice
the best score of the two exams will be considered. The JEE Main exam is
also the eligibility exam for JEE Advanced, which the examination held for the
candidates seeking admissions in IITs for undergraduate programs.
PATTERN (PAPER-1) (B.E / B.TECH):-
- The duration of the examination is three hours.
- All the questions are Multiple Choice Questions with four options and one correct answer.
- Each correct answer will be awarded with 4
marks and 1 mark (-1 mark) will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- No marks for questions which are left unattempt.
- Total 75 questions will be present (25questions each section).
- Scrolling between all the 75 questions is allowed at any point during the duration of the examination.
- The full marks of the examination is 300 marks.
PATTERN (PAPER – 2) (B.ARCH /
- The duration of the examination is three hours.
- Mathematics and aptitude will be objective type
(MCQ’s) questions with each correct answer will be awarded with 4 marks
and 1 mark (-1 mark) will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Drawing test will be Pen and Paper examination
having questions to test drawing aptitude.
- No marks for questions which are left unattempt.
- There are total of 77 questions.
All examinations will be held in English and Hindi
medium but in exam centres of Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli
Gujarti will be also one the medium along with the former two languages. There
is a mock test available for the JEE Main aspirants in the official website to
understand the pattern of the Computer-Based Test and get familiar with the
interface. The fees structure can also be checked in the site.
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips:
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.
IMPORTANT SYLLABUS: (Paper-1)
- Sets,relations and functions.
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Mathematical reasoning.
- Mathematical induction.
- Permutations and combination.
- Sequences and series.
- Limit,continuity and differentiability.
- Integral Calculus.
- Differential equations.
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications.
- Three-dimenional geometry.
- Vector algebra.
- Co-ordinate geometry.
- Statistics and probability.
Physics and measurement.
- Work,energy and power.
- Rotational motion.
- Laws of motion.
- Properties of solids and liquids.
- Electronic devices.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
- Oscillation and waves.
- Communication systems.
- Current electricity.
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism.
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents.
- Electromagnetic Waves.
- Dual nature of matter and radiation.
- Atoms and nuclei.
- Experimental skills.
Chemistry- Physical chemistry:
- Some basic concepts of chemistry.
- States of matter.
- Atomic structure.
- Chemical bonding and moleculae structure.
- Chemical thermodynamics.
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry.
- Chemical kinetics.
- Surface chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry:
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds.
- Chemistry in everyday life.
- Principles related to practical chemistry.
- Organic compounds containing halogens.
- Organic compounds containing oxygen.
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen.
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry.
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY:
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.
- Block elements(alkali and alkaline earth metals).
- P block elements group 13 to group 18 elements.
- d-block elements and f-block elements.
- Co-ordination compounds.
- Environmental chemistry.
- Generation and principles and processes of isolation of metals
Paper-1:awareness of people,places,buildings,materials,visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing,Analytical Reasoning Mental Ablity(visual,numerical and verbal).
Paper-2:Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects,building forms and elements,colour texture,harmony and contrast,transformation of both 2d and 3d union,subtraction,rotation,creating 2d and 3d compositions using given shapes and forms,etc
How to Check JEE Main 2021 Result?
- Visit the official website of “JEE Main 2021”
- Click on the JEE Main result link
- Candidates will have to enter their JEE Main 2021 application number and date of birth
- Click on Submit
- JEE Main 2021 result will be displayed on the screen.
- The score card has to be downloaded and printed for future use.
After the result announcement, scorecard will also be released online.
JEE Main 2021 Scorecard
JEE Main 2021 Scorecard is an important document which will mention various details about the candidate – name, roll number, parent’s name, category, state code of eligibility, marks obtained, All India rank, Category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
Candidates can download their scorecards by online mode. No scorecard will be dispatched to the candidates by offline mode.
JEE Main Answer Key 2021
After the exam concludes, leading coaching centres will release the JEE Main 2021 answer key. The provisional answer key of JEE Main 2021 January session will be released by NTA tentatively in the third week of January. Candidates can raise objections if they find any discrepancy in the provisional answer key. After checking all objections submitted, the final JEE Main answer key 2021 will be released by the authorities. The official question papers and candidate response sheet of JEE Main 2021 will also be released alongside.
Steps to Check JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
- Go to official website of “JEE Main 2021”
- Click on the link to the JEE Main answer key
- Candidates will have to enter their JEE Main 2021 application number and password/date of birth.
- Click on “Submit”
- The ID of the correct answers will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates will have to compare their responses to the correct answers to calculate their probable scores.
JEE MAIN COUNSELLING 2021:
- Counselling process would be organised from the june 2021.
- The counselling would be conducted through online mode.
- A centralised counselling would be organised by CSAB and JOSAA in different rounds.
- On the filled choices,rank category and seats provisional seat allotment will be announced.
- Once the seat is confirmed the candidates must appear in the allotted colleges on their respective dates.
JEE MAIN OFFICIAL HELP DESK:
- Official website: nta.ac.in
- Address: C-20 1A/8,Sector62,IITK Outreach Centre,Noida-201309
- Contact Number-0120-3946612,7042399520
- E-Mail ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
JEE Main JOSAA Special:
JEE Mains 2021 Counselling Procedure and Seat Allotment by JoSAA JEE Main Counselling JEE Main result is of prime importance to those who are willing to seek admission into private and government engineering colleges. It is also important for those aspiring to appear for JEE Advanced and get a seat in an IIT. JEE Main counselling process is especially important for those keen to start a successful engineering career.
- JEE Counselling Process Progression
First, let’s look at a few facts on the counselling process.
The counselling process for JEE Mains is of 3 types viz. – JoSAA, CSAB SFTI, and CSAB SFTI.
- CSAB NEUT – It is the counselling process for supernumerary seats in North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI – It is a disnct counselling process for the 17 SFTIs, conducted by the Central Seat Allocaon Board.
- 31 NITs and 23 Other Government Funded Technical Instutes (GFTIs) parcipate in the JEE main counselling.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is responsible for conducting the central counselling process. Before JEE Main seat allotment begins, there will be two mock rounds. These mock roundsrounds of seat allotment will begin.
- Sequenal overview of all the counselling
Step I: Online Registraon
A candidate needs to enroll with his/her roll number and password to parcipate in the online counselling process.
Steps for JEE Main counselling registration online –
- On the official website of JoSAA, click on the link to register.
- Enter your JEE Main roll number, password and log in.
Step II: Online Choice Filling and Locking
Step III: Allotment of Seat
- Freeze-In case a candidate is sasfied with his/her allotted seat and don’t want to look for any other opons and parcipate in subsequent rounds of JEE Main counselling 2020, this is the opon he/she needs to choose.
- Float-If a candidate wishes to keep his/her seat while also looking for a beer opon to upgrade his/her seats by parcipang in subsequent rounds, he/she must choose this opon.
- Slide-If a candidate accepts the seat of a certain instute allotted but wishes to upgrade to another course within the same instute, he/she must choose this option.
- Withdraw-When a candidate wants to give up a seat that he/she has already accepted, it’s possible to do so by exercising this opon.
Fee for Counselling – A seat acceptance fee of Rs. 45,000 will be charged to general category candidates. SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates will need to pay a subsidized charge of Rs. 20,000.
Step V: Document Verification
Step VI: Final Reporting to the Allotted Institute
JoSAA Reporting Centres 2021
After the allotment process is over, the candidates will have to verify their documents at the reporting centres of JoSAA 2020. The authorities will release the list of reporting centres and this step has to be completed by the candidates.
- The candidates will have to physically report for verification of documents at the reporting centres.
- Original and photocopies of the documents have to be carried for verification by the candidates.
- Different reporting centres will be available for NITs, IIITs, GFTIs and IITs.
- Candidates will have to report to the reporting centres according to their allotted institutes. There will be separate institutes for NIT+ system (NITs, IIITs and GFTIs) and IITs.
- After the verification process is completed, the candidates will have to complete their admission procedure by reporting at their allotted institute.
- In case of change in the seat allotment of a candidate from NIT+ system to IITs or the other way round, then the candidate will have to report to the changed institute. Failing to report will result in the cancellation of the allotted seat.
List of Documents for Verification
|List of documents for IITs||List of Documents for NITs, IITs & other GFTIS|
|Provisional seat allotment letter||Three passport size photographs identical to the one uploaded during JEE (Main) 2021 registration|
|Undertaking by the candidate as per given format||Provisional seat allotment letter|
|Proof of seat acceptance fee payment – E-challan or net banking transaction||Candidate’s Undertaking as per given format|
|Two passport size photographs||Fee Acceptance Receipt (Echallan /Netbanking)|
|Class XII (or equivalent) board marks sheet. Class XII Pass certificate if available||Photo identity card (issued by govt. agency) OR Photo ID issued by last attended school OR Class XII admit card|
|Original JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card||JEE Main 2021 Admit Card|
|Date of birth proof [Class X marks sheet or any other similar certificate]||JEE Main 2021 Score Card|
|Photo identity card (issued by govt. agency) or Photo ID issued by last attended school OR Class XII admit card||Date of birth proof [Class X marks sheet or any other similar certificate]|
|Medical certificate as per given format||Class XII (or equivalent) board marks sheet. If available, pass certificate|
|Category certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST) if applicable and as per format||Medical certificate as per given format|
|Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable||Category certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable as per given format|
|Passport – for foreign nationals / OCI certificate or PIO card if applicable||Passport – Indian nationals who passed the qualifying examination from Nepal/Bhutan or an institution abroad|
|–||National Open School pass out candidates must bring the proof of place of examination center of the final examination to determine the state code.|
|–||Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment|
|–||OCI certificate or PIO card if applicable|
|–||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable|
LIST OF NATIONAL INSTITUTE [NIT]COLLEGES:
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE||STATE|
|MALVIYA NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT),|
|MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
|MAOTILAL NEHRU NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||UTTAR PRADESH|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), AGARTALA||TRIPURA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), DURGAPUR||WEST BENGAL|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY (NIT), JAMSHEDPUR||JARKHAND|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), HAMIRPUR||HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), KANNADA||KARNATAKA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), KOZHIKODE||KERALA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT),|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), PATNA||BIHAR|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), RAIPUR||CHHATTISGARH|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), ROURKELA||ORISSA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SILCHAR||ASSAM|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SRINAGAR||JAMMU AND KASHMIR|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), TRICHY||TAMIL NADU|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), MEGHALAYA||MEGHALAYA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), NAGALAND||NAGALAND|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), SIKKIM||SIKKIM|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), ARUNACHAL|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), GOA||GOA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), MANIPUR||MANIPUR|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), UTTARKHAND||HARYANA|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT), JALANDHAR||PUNJAB|
|SARDAR VALLABHAI NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
|VISVESVARYA NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
TOP 100 PRIVATE ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN 2020
|3||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala|
|4||Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi|
|5||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|7||Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar|
|8||SSN College of Engineering, Kancheepuram|
|9||Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|11||Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal|
|12||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|
|13||SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|14||Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University, Vaddeswaram|
|16||R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru|
|17||M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru|
|18||B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bengaluru|
|19||Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai|
|20||Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra|
|21||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida|
|22||Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore|
|23|| Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R & D Institute of|
Science and Technology, Chennai
|24||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|25||B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|26||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|27||Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan|
|28||Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Engineering College, Bhimavaram|
|29||PES University, Bengaluru|
|30||Army Institute of Technology, Pune|
|31||C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|32|| Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education,|
|33||New Horizon College of Engineering, Bengaluru|
|34||NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru|
|35||Vishwakarama Institute of Technology Pune|
|36||Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai|
|37||BMS Institute of Technology & Management, Bengaluru|
|38||Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad|
|39||CVR College of Engineering, Ibrahimpatan|
|40||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru|
|41||DA IICT, Gandhinagar|
|42||G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|43|| Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, Greater|
|44||Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|45||Graphic Era, Dehradun|
|46||Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata|
|47||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai|
|48||Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata|
|49||Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad|
|50||K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode|
|51||MIT College of Engineering, Pune|
|52||Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune|
|53||Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
|54||N.M.A.M.Institute of Technology, Nitte|
|55||Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata|
|56||PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul|
|57||Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai|
|58||RMK Engineering College, Chennai|
|59||Saveetha Engineering College, Sriperumbudur|
|60||Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur|
|61||Sona College of Technology, Salem|
|62||Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore|
|63||Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore|
|64||Sri Sairam Engineering College, Kancheepuram|
|65||Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Kancheepuram|
|66||St. Josephs College of Engineering, Kancheepuram|
|67||SVKM`s NMIMS Mumbai|
|68||The Northcap University, Gurgaon|
|69|| Vignan`s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research,|
|70|| VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology,|
|71||Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli|
|72||Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|73||M.C. College of Engineering, Bengaluru|
|74||Academy of Technology, Hooghly|
|75||Bengal Institute of Technology, Kolkata|
|76||Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg|
|77||BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru|
|78||Chitkara University, Rajpura|
|79||Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi|
|80||E.G.S. Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam|
|81||G.L.Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management, Greater Noida|
|82||Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam|
|83|| Goka Raju Ranga Raju Institute of Engineering & Technology,|
|84||Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia|
|85||JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bengaluru|
|86||K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai|
|87||Karpagam College of Engineering Coimbatore|
|88||KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad|
|89||KLE Technological University, Dharwad|
|90||KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore|
|91||Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Kalchuri Nagar|
|92||M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai|
|93||Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, New Delhi|
|94||Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune|
|95||Malla Reddy Engineering College for Women, Hyderabad|
|96||Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan|
|97|| Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies,|
|98||MLR Institute of Technology, Hyderabad|
|99||Muffakham Jah College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad|
|100||National Engineering College, Kovilpatti|
TOP 10 Private Engineering Colleges Chennai :
- VIT UNIVERSITY VELLORE & CHENNAI
- SRM UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- SSN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- HINDUSTAN UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- SVCE – SRI VENKATESWARA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- VELTECH UNIVERSITY
- PANIMALAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE, CHENNA
- SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
- ST JOSEPH ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- DR MGR UNIVERSITY CHENNAI.
Overall South India Best Engineering colleges :
- VIT University
- Sastra University
- Anna University
- SRM University(SRM IST)
- Vel.Tech University
- Hindustan University (Hindustan Institute of technology)
- Bharath University
- Meenakshi Institute Of technology
- Saveetha University( Saveetha Institute of technology )
- SSN College Of Engineering
TOP Private Engineering College Across India:
- Bits Pilani
- VIT vellore
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and technology
- BITS Ranchi
- PSG college of Technology Coimbatore
- Sastra University
- Amity University
- SSN College of Engineering , Kancheepuram
- Sathyabham Institute of technology ,Chennai
- IIT Hydrabad
- Manipal Institute Of technology
- SRM institute of technology
- KIIT bhubhneswar
- R.V College of Enginering ,Bengaluru
- M.S Ramaiya Institute of Technology,Bengaluru
- MBS College of Engineering
- Jaypee institute of Information technology,Noida
- Vel,Tech University Chennai
- Siddaganga Institute of technology,tumkur
- PES University Bengaluru
- Army Institute of technology Pune
- C.V Raman College Of Engineering, Bhubhneswar
- NEW Horizon College of Engineering Bengaluru
- BMS institute of technology & management Bengaluru
- CVR College of Engineering
- Dayanand Sagar College Of engineering,Bengaluru
- Galgotias College of Engineering, Noida
- Heritage Institute Of technology Kolkatta
- Hindustan Institute of Technology Chennai
- Institute of engineering and Mangement kolkata
- Nirma University Ahamdabad
- MIT College Of Engineering Pune
- Maharastra institute of Technology ,Pune
These are realy Best Private Engineering College of India where Placement are very high , approx all college gave 90% placement in last year , these all having fee range of 90k to 2.5 Lakhs per annum.
Counselling Help -6307064744
Previous Year JEE Main Cutoff for Top NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
|Name of Institute||Course Name||Quota||Gender||OBC||EWS||General||SC||ST|
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur||Chemical Engineering||All India||Male||8522||2795||20964||5184||2097|
|Civil Engineering||All India||Male||7283||3262||24422||3610||1249|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||1658||576||4566||974||576|
|Electrical Engineering||All India||Male||4161||1668||13357||2860||1107|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||All India||Male||3529||1245||9208||2184||1170|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||4979||2034||14776||3058||1340|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||All India||Male||11486||4851||34817||6678||2409|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur||Bio Technology||All India||Male||12041||5043||37118||5595||3033|
|Chemical Engineering||All India||Male||6043||2407||18983||3903||1730|
|Civil Engineering||All India||Male||5778||2546||19847||2753||475|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||1200||434||3562||752||363|
|Electrical Engineering||All India||Male||3487||1203||10445||1244||605|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||All India||Male||2785||841||7402||1931||933|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||4347||1655||13393||2488||1013|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||All India||Male||8744||2994||22796||5311||2308|
|Information Technology||All India||Male||1754||686||5595||1088||666|
|National Institute of Technology Calicut||Bio Technology||All India||Male||11455||4363||33154||5444||1838|
|Chemical Engineering||All India||Male||7211||3276||23362||4217||1569|
|Civil Engineering||All India||Male||6545||2961||22930||2966||889|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||1553||632||4820||739||400|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||All India||Male||2366||995||8378||1340||623|
|Engineering Physics||All India||Male||6992||NA||16940||3068||1572|
|Materials Science and Engineering||All India||Male||10371||4281||32855||5496||2298|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||4217||1684||13855||2129||936|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||All India||Male||3766||1507||11908||2217||905|
|Production Engineering||All India||Male||9502||3862||28083||5441||2335|
|National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur||Civil Engineering||All India||Male||8427||3911||30125||4730||1285|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||3306||1107||9434||1975||926|
|Electrical Engineering||All India||Male||6010||2297||18296||3967||1434|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||All India||Male||4876||1754||14655||3553||1677|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||6850||2710||20256||4171||1763|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||All India||Male||11811||5121||37242||6927||2879|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||All India||Male||10410||4587||36093||6731||3176|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad||Electronics and Communication Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||4125||1295||10575||2893||1551|
|Information Technology||–||Gender Neutral||2318||810||5938||1641||1086|
|Information Technology-Business Informatics||–||Gender Neutral||3314||1101||7057||2060||1450|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur||Computer Science and Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||5769||2104||15620||3859||2302|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||8489||3071||23629||5672||2802|
|Mechanical Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||10802||4418||33875||6682||2942|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram||Computer Science and Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||6251||2336||15862||4383||2052|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||7905||2953||20778||5183||2755|
|Mechanical Engineering||–||Gender Neutral||10438||4140||29180||5856||2632|
|Smart Manufacturing||–||Gender Neutral||13954||5560||38737||8230||4217|
|B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering and M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Product Design||–||Gender Neutral||13288||5237||38623||6895||3964|
|B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering and M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing||–||Gender Neutral||13667||5597||40529||7999||3658|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Dual Degree)||–||Gender Neutral||9060||3610||23855||5685||3279|
|B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering and M. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Communication Systems Design||–||Gender Neutral||10980||4550||32339||7214||3266|
|B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering and M. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in VLSI Design||–||Gender Neutral||11471||4660||29735||6982||3431|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)|
|Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur||Aerospace Engineering||All India||Male||6080||1771||14589||3026||86|
|Civil Engineering||All India||Male||9809||4778||35795||6330||1932|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||4367||1455||11947||2434||1503|
|Electrical Engineering||All India||Male||7492||2915||22481||3996||2172|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||7741||3464||24308||5534||2027|
|Mining Engineering||All India||Male||13043||5183||39285||7832||3406|
|Information Technology||All India||Male||5455||2100||15657||3391||2134|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||All India||Male||6469||2391||18249||4236||2304|
|Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||All India||Male||13297||5110||10051||7465||3828|
|Architecture, Town and Regional Planning||All India||Male||1590||632||3989||622||166|
|National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi||Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||All India||T||18558||7310||54736||10505||5042|
|Manufacturing Engineering||All India||Male||19418||7619||58462||10832||6194|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal||Chemical Engineering||All India||Male||17987||7256||56006||10226||5217|
|Computer Science and Engineering||All India||Male||15030||5439||41001||8545||5044|
|Electrical Engineering||All India||Male||17614||6504||48843||9470||4540|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||All India||Male||16213||5724||44846||9332||5742|
|Mechanical Engineering||All India||Male||18122||7097||55005||10209||5592|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||All India||Male||18685||7457||57397||10806||5862|
|Food Technology||All India||Male||19607||7783||60277||11060||6072|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – JEE Main 2020
Question: Who will set JEE Main 2020 question Paper?
Answer: National Testing Agency will be responsible for the question paper of JEE Main this year
Question: Does class 12th marks matter in JEE Main?
Answer: Class 12th marks don’t matter for writing the entrance test but they matter during admissions as it is mandatory to have 75% in class 12 or be in top twenty of your board (65% for SC/ST).
Question: What is the qualifying mark for JEE Main?
Answer: Actually there is no qualifying marks for JEE Main. Everyone who writes the exam will get a rank. The cutoff marks of JEE Main released by NTA are for students eligible to write JEE Advanced.
Question: I am diploma holder. Can I apply for JEE Main?
Answer: Diploma holders can appear for JEE Main Paper 1 only to qualify for JEE Advanced. They are however not eligible for admission through JEE Main Paper I.
Question: I forgot to mention my name and date below the photograph? Will I be able to write the exam?
Answer: The candidates will not be penalised for uploading the photograph without name and date. Therefore, you will be able to attempt the examination. However, the candidates are requested to follow the proper guidelines.
Question: How many times in total can a candidate appear for the exam?
Answer: Each candidate can appear for JEE Main for three consecutive years. Since the new format has two attempts, candidates can appear for a total of six attempts going by the rule book.
Question: The scores will be on the basis of the candidate’s performance. But with multiple sessions, how will the score be equalized? What will ranks be awarded on?
Answer: Normalization will be used to equalize the scores from multiple sessions. The formula has been explained in a detailed manner by NTA. It will be done for each session and for each subject.
Question: If I have failed in my class 12 in 2017 but passed in 2018, can I still appear for JEE Main 2020?
Answer: No, as the first attempt is 2017 so you will not be eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.
Question: What is the state of eligibility? Is it the same as domicile?
Answer: The state of eligibility is the state where a candidate has studied his/her class 12 or equivalent. So it has got nothing to do with the domicile of the state to which the candidate belongs to.
Question: What is the state of eligibility for the Improvement Candidates /Institution Abroad/NIOS?
Answer: The state of eligibility in case of improvement candidates will be the state in which they first attempted their class 12 and not the state in which improvement was written.
In case of candidates from institutions abroad, the state of eligibility will be based on the permanent address mentioned in the passport.
In case of NIOS candidates, the state in which the NIOS study centre is situated will be the state of eligibility.
The state of eligibility is not applicable for the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO.