NEET Counselling 2020 , What is 15% Quota, 85% Quota , Important Dates Counselling Registration and Procedure:
NEET counselling 2020 – The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will start NEET 2020 counselling from the third week of June to grant admission in MBBS/ BDS courses. The counselling of NEET 2020 will be conducted entirely in online mode. Candidates willing to participate in the AIQ NEET counselling will be required to register online. Only those candidates who have qualified NEET 2020 with the minimum required percentile will be eligible to participate counselling of NEET 2020. DGHS has been entrusted to conducting NEET counselling 2020 for 15% seats of the total intake from all the government colleges (except for colleges of Jammu and Kashmir state) for All India Quota candidates. Seats offered in Central and Deemed Universities, seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges and seats available at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune are also filled through NEET 2020 counselling. The result of NEET counselling 2020 will be released in the form of seat allotment list. The Counselling of NEET 2020 for rest of 85% seats offered in government and private medical/dental college will be conducted by the respective state counselling authority.
- As per the information available on MCI & DCI websites, there was approximately 65K+ seats of MBBS in 470+ medical colleges and nearly 25K+ seats in BDS in 308+ Dental colleges available.
- After the declaration of NEET result, the counselling will be started through online mode. The candidates will also get the NEET cut off marks after the declaration of result.
- The counselling procedure for 15% All India Quota seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU will be managed by the Medical Council Committee.
- All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
- The counselling for 15% All India Quota and 85% State Quota seats will be organized separately in all medical & dental colleges. The MCC conduct the centralized counselling for all category candidates.
- For management seats in private medical colleges, candidates will need to apply separately in each college.
The MBBS/BDS seats are filled through NEET UG all over the country. The seats are filled in the following categories:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats.
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities.
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private University.
- Central Pool Quota Seats.
NEET 2020 Admit Card Date :
Before getting into the details of how to download NEET Admit Card 2020, let’s have a look at the important dates of NEET 2020:
|Release of NEET 2020 Admit Card||15 Days Before Exam|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date & Time||26th July 2020 Declared|
NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ:
- For 15% all India quota seats, the counselling will be managed by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India. The candidates those score above 15% All India cut-off would be able to participate in All India counselling.
- In 15% AIQ counselling, all state medical and dental colleges participate in offering admissions in their campuses. Through this counselling, candidates will get admission in medical colleges located anywhere in India.
- The seats will be allotted as per the all India rank of the candidate and filled choices. Candidates, those will participate in this counselling will also take part in state quota counselling of their respective states.
State MBBS/BDS Counselling 2020:
- For 85% State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank are prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities.
- The counselling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority. The 85% state quota counselling will be conducted for admission in the state medical & dental colleges.
- The details and schedule of counselling will be made available on the websites of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Directorates of States.
- Candidates are advised to be in touch with the respective counselling authorities and institutions concerned for state counselling details
NEET Counselling 2020
MCC will release the information about NEET Counselling for MBBS and BDS courses to 15% All India Quota, Central Institutions including AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, ESIC, Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU and Deemed Universities on its official website. Candidates can check the expected dates related to NEET 2020 Counselling from this page below.
NEET counselling 2020 – What’s new?
There has been a substantial increase in the number of medical colleges participating in the AIQ counselling this year. A total of 235 medical colleges are participating in AIQ counselling when it was only 193 medical colleges last year.
The addition of colleges has increased the number of seats available under AIQ which has increased to 4591 when it was only 4064 last year.
The counselling for 85% seats in Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and ESIC college which was earlier conducted by IPU administration will now be conducted MCC from this year onwards.
NEET counselling 2020- General Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates who have qualified in NEET 2020 entrance test by achieving prerequisite minimum qualifying percentile will be eligible to participate in the NEET 2020 counselling.
Candidates belonging to the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir will not eligible to participate in NEET counselling.
To be eligible to participate in the NEET 2020 counselling, candidates must register themselves on the MCC website within the stipulated time.
All candidates, including candidates from the erstwhile state of J&K who have qualified NEET, will be eligible to participate in the AIQ counselling for Deemed Universities.
NEET counselling 2020- Central University Eligibility Criteria
1) Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): – 15% Seats will be contributed to All India Quota & for the rest 85% institutional quota seats, only those candidates are eligible who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi.
2) Aligarh Muslim University (AMU):- The university will have 50% Institutional reservation for the candidates who have studied from their schools for the last 3 years. The remaining 50% of seats will be open to all NEET qualified candidates.
3) BHU:- All candidates who are eligible for NEET counselling will also be eligible to participate in BHU MBBS Counseling 2020 for all seats offered in the University.
4) Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: A total of three seats of BDS are under the internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi and 47 seats of BDS seats will be open to all. Students of Jamia who have passed their qualifying examination (Class 10 or 12) from Jamia Schools as regular students will be eligible to get admission under internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi.
NEET 2020 Counselling Procedure
Below we have mentioned the complete procedure to take part in the NEET 2020 counselling.
- First of all candidates have to do the registration by login to the official website.
- Without doing registration, candidates are not be able to fill the college and course choice.
- On completing the registration process, a unique User ID & Password will be generated and sent to the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number.
- With the help of generated user ID and password, candidate will be able to proceed for further process.
Submission of Choice & Locking:
- In this step candidates have to fill the choices of course and colleges according their preferences.
- After this, candidates have to click on ‘Save’ button to lock their filled choices.
- Without saving the filled choices, the choices are not be considered as locked choices.
- So, candidates are advised not to forget to lock the preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result:
Within a few days of the choice locking, the seat allotment result has been declared by the authority.Candidates can view the allotment result.Candidates receive a SMS or email regarding allotment of course & college.The seats are allotted as per the candidate’s filled choices.
Modify and Lock:
The candidates those not satisfy with the allotted seats can modify the choices.Candidates have to login on the official website with their login credentials and modify the choices.After modification, candidates have to lock the choices again.
Reporting to Allotted College:
When the seats are allotted to the candidates, they have to report the allotted college to confirm the seat.Candidates have to pay the initial fee to confirm the seat and should complete the admission formalities.In case the candidate will reach the allotted colleges after the given time period, then the seat will be transferred automatically to the next candidate.
Second Round of Counselling:
If any candidate will not satisfy with the allotted seats, they can proceed for the next round of counselling.Candidates those will be allotted seats in the second round of 15% All India Quota counseling are not allowed to vacant the seat.
NEET Admission 2020
After completion of NEET centralized online counselling, candidates have to report the allotted college in the stipulated time.Candidates can report the concerned colleges with the downloaded allotment letter. Candidates need to carry the required documents in original with one set of photocopy.At the time of admission candidates also have to submit the admission fee to confirm the seat. If any candidate will find ineligible in later stage, his admission will be cancelled and his seat will be transferred to the next candidate.
Documents Required for Counselling:
Candidates have to bring their original documents along with attested photocopies of documents.
- Mark Sheets
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Rank Card/Rank Letter
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- 8 Passport size photograph (Six)
- Identity Proof
- Provisional Allotment Letter
NEET Cutoff 2020
Only those candidates who will be scoring marks equal to or more than the NEET 2020 cutoff will be invited to participate in the counselling process. The cutoff of NEET 202o will be released along with the result. For each category, the cutoff percentile is different. For reference candidates can check the NEET cutoff of previous along with cutoff score and the number of candidates who achieved the respective percentile in the table below.
NEET 2019 cutoff
Cut off Percentile
No. of Candidates
Other Backward Class (OBC)
SC (Scheduled Caste)
ST (Scheduled Tribe)
Unreserved – PH
OBC – OH
SC – PH
ST – PH
NEET cutoff for top 10 Medical Colleges
Name of Medical Colleges
2018 Closing Rank
2019 Closing Rank
Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
Government Medical College, Chandigarh
Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
Stanley Medical College, Chennai
Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – NEET Counselling 2020
Question: What is the cutoff of NEET 2019?
NEET UG cutoff 2019 for general category is 50th percentile.
Question: What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Free exit means if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET 2019 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
The schedule of the NEET counselling was released on June 12, 2019. The registration for the first round has begun on June 19, 2019.
Question: What are the documents required to register for NEET counselling 2019?
Candidates will not be required to upload any documents at the time of registration. The list of documents to be submitted at the time of admission can be checked in the article above.
Question: Is it necessary to lock the filled up choices in NEET counselling 2019?
Candidates should lock the choices once they are final. Note that there will be no option to change the preferences once the choices are locked. If a candidate has not locked the saved choices then they will automatically get locked after the assigned date.
Question: If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but do not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2019 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Counselling helpline -6307064744