|Course Type||Post Graduation|
MD PULMONARY MEDICINE: What is it about?
M.D. T.B. and Chest or MD PULMONARY MEDICINE Pulmonology is a medical specialty that deals with diseases involving the respiratory tract
Pulmonology is known as chest medicine and respiratory medicine in some countries and areas. Pulmonology is considered a branch of general medicine and is related to intensive care medicine. Pulmonology often involves managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation. Pulmonologists are specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Eligibility for MD PULMONARY MEDICINE.
Entry examination of MD/MS/Diploma, DNB (Diplomat of National Board) & CPS (College of Physicians and Surgeons) program is through a national level centralized entrance test (Combined NEET PG entrance by NBE)
Typically, to pursue an MD/MS/Diploma, DNB (Diplomat of National Board) & CPS (College of Physicians and Surgeons) degree, candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates should have obtained an MBBS Degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidate should have completed a 1- year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination which is MBBS before 31st March of the academic year.
- Candidates in possession of an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Passing Certificate recognized by the Indian Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed 1 year of internship or/ are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March of the relevant year.
A candidate must clear NEET-PG exam in order to be
- Eligible for admission to postgraduate Medical Courses for a particular academic year in case of General, General-EWS, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET-PG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) to Postgraduate Medical Courses held for the said academic year.
- However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with Benchmark, Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for Unreserved Category & GEN-EWS Category candidates and 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates.
- The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses
Please Note: The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- SreeChitraTirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Syllabus – MD PULMONARY MEDICINE- SUBJECT SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES.
Syllabus of MD PULMONARY MEDICINE as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
Each student should obtain proficiency in the following domains during the period of training:
- Theoretical knowledge of different aspects of Pulmonary Medicine including the status in health and disease.
- Acquire clinical skills.
- Acquire practical skills.
- Management of emergencies including intensive care.
- Preparation of thesis as per MCI guidelines.
These involve patient management in the outpatient, inpatient and emergency situations, case presentations, didactic lectures, seminars, journal reviews, clinic pathological conferences and mortality review meetings and working in the laboratories.
Top Institutes offering MD PULMONARY MEDICINE course.
|Sr.No||List of Top Medical Post Graduate Colleges|
|1||AIIMS. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|2||MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLL., N.DELHI|
|3||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh|
|4||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry|
|5||National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangaluru|
|6||PGIMER Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi|
|7||V.M.M.C. and S.J. HOSPITAL. New DELHI|
|8||Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai|
|9||UNIV. COLL. OF MED. SCIENCE,N.DELHI|
|10||LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLL.,N.DELHI|
|11||B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad|
|12||Government Medical College, Kozhikode|
|13||Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences|
|14||INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, VARANASI|
|15||MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHENNAI|
|18||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai|
|19||Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak|
|20||King Georges Medical University, LUCKNOW|
|21||Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai|
|22||Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram|
|23||Osmania Medical College Koti|
|24||Grant Medical College, Mumbai|
|25||GOVT. MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, Chandigarh|