NRI/Management Quota in MBBS MD MS Admission 2021-2022
Procedure to change Nationality from Indian to NRI
The following conditions are required to be met by the candidates applying for change of their
category (Indian/Others to NRI):-
- 1) Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer)
2) Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court
of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017
(CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of
3) Affidavit from the sponsorer that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate
4) Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate)
5) NEET Score Card of the candidate.
Govt. Medical College of India just @ 15 LAKH per Annum
- Private Medical Colleges/Institutions
MBBS Course Fee in Private Medical Colleges is usually decided by the individual institutions.
However, states Govt. of Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh have put a capping on maximum annual fee should be .
For each of the categories in order to ensure that the private institutions do not overcharge students.
The main categories of seats in private colleges are the management and NRI quota.
Besides this, almost all the of the private colleges usually have seats reserved for the government quota for which the MBBS course fees is lower as compared to the other two categories.
- Management Quota
– The course fee of MBBS for the Management Quota seats is minimum INR 5,85,000/- per annum,in medical colleges of Kerala.On higher end it to as high as INR 50,00,000/- in the Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore & National Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- NRI Quota admission
– The MBBS course fee for the NRI quota in the various private medical colleges is also decided by the individual institutions. The average annual MBBS course fee for students applying under the NRI quota is 15,000 USD per annum.There are lots of Govt.colleges offering NRI quota seats.
- Government Quota
– A number of private colleges in the country have a certain number of seats allocated for the concerned state government. The MBBS course fee for these seats, even in the private institution, is less as compared to the other categories and lies somewhere between INR 12,500/- (Geetanjali Medical College & Hospital) to INR 7,00,000/- annually.For example we talked about Karnataka it is just INR 111953 per annum.
- Others Quota
– Certain private/self-financing medical colleges in the state of Karnataka also have quota specified as ‘other’, the MBBS course fee for which ranges from INR 25,00,000/- to 50,00,000/- per annum.
There are a total of 7100 MBBS seats (Management and NRI quota) offered by 42 deemed universities across the country.The annual MBBS course fee for the Management quota in the various deemed universities is usually high and varies anywhere between INR 12,00,000/- to INR 25,75,000/-.
The lowest fee is being offered by MG Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Wardha, while that of SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, is the highest.The MBBS course fee for the NRI quota in the deemed universities range from 25,000/- USD to 2,20,000/- USD with the lowest fees offered by Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur .On the other hand Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Res. Institute, Chennai and D Y l Patil being the highest.