Tripura MBBS Counselling 2020 – Medical aspirants seeking admission through Tripura MBBS 2020 counselling must be aware that Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tripura is the authority responsible for the same. DME, Tripura will conduct the counselling for Tripura MBBS in online mode, registrations for the same will start in the third week of June 2020. On the basis of scores obtained in NEET and fulfilment of other criteria candidates will be invited to participate in the counselling process. NTA will conduct NEET 2020 on May 3, in pen paper based mode. Candidates will have to get their documents verified after getting allotted seats in the Tripura MBBS 2020 counselling. On the basis of choices filled in Tripura MBBS 2020 counselling, availability of seats, NEET rank and score and other factors candidates will be allotted seats in the counselling of Tripura NEET. For more details on Tripura MBBS counselling 2020 candidates can refer to the article that follows.
Candidates must note that it is mandatory to clear NEET 2020 to become eligible for the Tripura state quota counselling. Also, the candidate must be a Domicile of the state.For Admission and Counselling Guidance – 6307064744
Important dates for Tripura NEET counselling 2020..TBA
*Tentative dates, subjected to change.
Tripura NEET Counselling 2020: Eligibility
To participate in the counselling of Tripura NEET 2020 a candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate must have qualified NEET 2020
- He/she must be a permanent resident of the state
- The candidate or his/her parent should have resided in state of Tripura for a period of at least 10 years prior to the date of release of application form
- Children of All India Service officers born in Tripura cadre or employees of Tripura state government posted out of the state can also apply for Tripura MBBS counselling
- Candidates who have completed class XII from an institute in Tripura and his/her parent is working with the Tripura/Central Government are also eligible
- Children of ex-servicemen/defence personnel who have resided in state of Tripura for a period of at least 5 years prior to the date of release of application form can also apply for the counselling of Tripura NEET
Tripura NEET counselling 2020: Steps
Step 1: Registration
To participate in the counselling of Tripura NEET 2020 a candidate needs to register himself/herself on the official website of DME. Candidates who fail to register will not be considered for the Tripura NEET 2020 counselling process.For Admission and Counselling Guidance – 6307064744
Step 2: Application fee
It is mandatory to pay the application fee for participating in the counselling of Tripura NEET 2020. The application fee has to be paid offline through a Demand Draft in favour of ‘Director of Medical Education, Government of Tripura’ payable at Agartala.
Tripura NEET 2020 application fee
|Type||Category||Fee (In Rs)|
|For state domicile candidates||Unreserved||600|
|For other state domicile candidates||Unreserved||1,000|
Step 3: Verification of documents
Next step is the verification of the documents and checking the eligibility of the candidate. Candidate has to report with his/her documents, both original and self-attested photocopy, to the verification centre.
List of documents required for Tripura NEET counselling 2020
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Result
- Class XII marksheet
- Permanent Resident Certificate/Tripura State Domicile
- ST / SC / OBC/ Child of ex-servicemen/ physically handicapped certificate from the Competent Authority, as applicable
- Pass Certificate of the SSLC/Madhyamik Examination/Admit Card of Madhyamik Examination (proof of age)
- Aadhaar card
- Recent passport-sized photograph (5-6)
Step 4: State Merit list
The Directorate of Medical education (DME), Tripura, will prepare a merit list of the candidates who had registered for the counselling of Tripura NEET. Basis for preparation of the state merit list will be the NEET 2020 All India Ranks of the registered candidates.
Step 5: Seat allocation list
Tripura NEET 2020 seat allocation list will be uploaded on the official website of DME. The seat allocation list of Tripura NEET 2020 will be prepared on the basis of the state merit list, number of seats available and the choices filled by the candidates.
Step 6: Reporting to the institute
Candidates who have been allocated a seat have to report to the respective institute for confirmation of their admission. They also need to deposit the tuition fee for the first year of the course.
Tripura NEET Counselling 2020: Seat Reservation
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Other Backward Classes||Nil|
Candidates must note that there is no reservation for the candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC) category in Tripura NEET counselling 2020. Thus, an OBC category candidate will be treated as a general category candidate during the counselling of Tripura NEET 2020.
Tripura NEET counselling 2020: Seat Intake
Tripura MBBS seat intake
|Name of the Institute||Seat Intake|
|Regional Institute of Medical Science, Imphal||13|
|Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala||75|
|Tripura Medical College & Dr BRAM Teaching Hospital, Hapania, Agartala (Stata Quota)||80|
|Tripura Medical College & Dr BRAM Teaching Hospital, Hapania, Agartala (AIQ)||20|
Tripura NEET: Seat Intake for BDS, BHMS, BAMS and BASLP
|Course||Name of the Institute||Seat intake|
|BDS||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||7|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||3|
|BHMS||National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata||2|
|Midnapore Homeopathic Medical College||1|
|BAMS||MMM Government Ayurvedic College||1|
|Gour Brahmin Ayurvedic College||1|
|BASLP||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||1|
Admission Procedure for Tripura NEET Counselling 2020
- The NEET qualified candidates are required to fill the application form for counseling.
- After filling the application form candidates need to pay the application fees through online mode.
- The authority of counseling will accept the form and send an invitation to the candidates for the counseling as per their ranks.
- In the first round of counseling, candidates have to present in person at the specified date and time along with the required documents.
- Candidates have to fill the choices for college and pay the counseling fee. The Document verification process will also take place at that time.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of choice preferences, the rank of the candidate obtained in the NEET exam.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted colleges with the provisional admission letter.
- Candidates must report at allotted college with the required documents to confirm their seats and admission in the college.For Admission and Counselling Guidance – 6307064744